Quarter of 2016 so far:
- Start my New Year in Medellin, Colombia
- Went to USA, reunited with my good friend in San Fransisco (and decided that I have to get a job there)
- Went to Hawaii for a conference and meet lovely people
- Do part time job which I enjoy (because I learn things)
- Moved from my comfort zone to a new place far from uni
- Bought a car and drove from Canberra-Sydney
- Got a book that I cowrote published in English by National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Public speech in front of more than 400 people
- Start going to gym again
- Bought a new apartment back home
- Start reading books from Kindle
- Implementing my probono social project for youth
- Befriended with my past
- Catch up with good friends
In the last few days I have heard from people either directly or through text that I am admirable that I do things other people don’t usually do. Well, I think we all only live once and I need to get the most of my time on earth. Challenge my self and do things I want to do without thinking too much of other people’s opinion nor the risk.
I am a firm believer of Walt Disney’s famous quote ‘If you can dream it, you can achieve it’.
I don’t believe in limitation, I am from Indonesia (which passport has to pass a long bureaucratic immigration process to enter most countries in the world), a woman (in still highly patriarchy culture), from a middle class family (that none of my immediate family got a master degree) and I was born/raised in a small beautiful tourist town in the high land of Northern Sumatra with only 40.000 inhabitants. I have dreams that I want to turn into reality and I also like to be surrounded by people I love and love me back. And above all the most important thing is to be happy. I am happy of what I am doing now and that is enough reason to keep on going. Anyways, I feel flattered by all the compliments and I just want to thank you for that. It keeps my spirit high 😉
Happy Good Friday and Easter everyone.